Tuesday 13 March 2007

Today I turn 'Old'

Today's my Birthday
I'm older but no wiser
Happy Birthday Drew

(Haiku)

My plan worked. About four or five months ago I made the decision that I would be in another country for my 30th Birthday - and here I am. Today is the day and I don't feel too bad. Actually, I feel pretty good. Normally I don't like celebrating birthdays, but I thought this one might be a good one to make a bit of a fuss over. Hence my trip - this is my birthday present to myself.

But today is a day for celebration, not rumination! Today I'm going to go and hobnob with the stars - that's right, I'm going to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum! Lee and Margaret are taking me out to dinner tonight in the city, then later on in the week we're going to see a Shakespeare play - The Tempest, starring Patrick Stewart.

Thanks to everyone who remembered, I appreciate it a lot more than you'd think.

No comments: