Monday 17 March 2008

Have at ye, jet lag!

I'd like to invest in matter transportation, please - I know it's possible, I saw that movie The Fly!

Seriously though, I'm back in Newcastle again after about 28 hours travel, and I'm not a big fan of flying any more. Not because of this trip, mind, it's been like this for a few years. I like the take-off, but the rest doesn't sit well with me. At least I caught up on a bunch of movies I've been wanting to see for a while: Juno, Ratatouille, Stardust, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Alvin and the Chipmunks (okay, I wasn't actually planning to watch the last one - but I did and it made me laugh, so that's good enough for me).

Was wonderful to be greeted at the arrivals gate by mum, dad, Russ and Blake, it actually felt like all the travel was worth it! The drive back to Newcastle went surprisingly quickly, I guess the lack of sleep helped there. The first thing I wanted to do when I got back was take a shower - damn it felt good too. Then went for a trip over to the new and improved Garden City (I refuse to call it Westfield) to take a look at the new bits - it just like any other Westfield now. Then got home and crashed on the lounge for a few hours until mum woke me up, so I spent the rest of the evening watching telly before crashing again at 11pm. I slept surprisingly well until 7am or so when I just couldn't get back to sleep.

Still not sure what to do for the rest of this week (hitting Melbourne next week), but I'm sure it'll involve some sun, water and sand at some point.

No comments: